Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 12:13:36 AM EDT
Are they Yankke Hill 2-Piece Handguards any good? How do they compare to the Midwest Industries 2-Piece Free Float and Non-Free Float forearms and/or the Troy Industries 2-Piece Forearm (MRF-DI)?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a used set off of the EE here at what I thought to be a good price for my SBR project.
They are nicely made, fit tightly but went on easily and look good, IMO.
There are many who prefer the more costly named products for various reasons but I feel the YHM are just fine for a range gun.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to build a highly durable weapon. Do you think the YHM (or any othe ones I listed) would be super durable?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
YHM are good to go.
they fit rock solid on a friend of mine Colt 6520.

they're a little bit (just a little) heavier that others like KAC but very well made.  They also seems to be sturdy.

Midwest Industries also makes a good set of handguards for the price. Give them a look

ETA:
you should find some detailed reviws on militarymorons.com
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
they are GTG--h/w, not as refined as the MIs or Troys/etc
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they are GTG--h/w, not as refined as the MIs or Troys/etc

That sums it up. They do what they supposed to do. MI or Troy or anyone else are going to be a little nicer to look at. I use my YHM to mount a VFG and a flashlight. For its intended purpose, I couldn't be happier with YHM. I love all their products.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Are the YHM forearms not coated/finished? They have a gray appearance that looks as if something is missing?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha!  I consider YHM products to be more aesthetically pleasing than most of the other products they compete with!

I've used several YHM products and they were all GTG.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
mine came as black as my upper and lower.

Love them, they look great. Rock solid. Install in a flash
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top