Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 7:11:17 AM EDT

I've got a post ban Colt Match Target (6601) that is very accurate.  I'm affraid if I have the barrel threaded for a flash suppressor I'll loose some accuracy.  I'm contemplating
buying a new Colt barrel assembly w/ threads and bayo lug.  The new barrel is about $450 vs. $100 for threading.  Opinions?

This was my first AR-15 so the sentimental part of me wants to keep it stock, hence the Colt barrel.

Also how hard is it to change a barrel on your own?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry about losing accuracy, threading won't have an effect on that.

It is super easy to remove your own barrel, now getting the FSB off is another story.  Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a huge pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got a post ban Colt Match Target (6601) that is very accurate.  I'm affraid if I have the barrel threaded for a flash suppressor I'll loose some accuracy.  I'm contemplating
buying a new Colt barrel assembly w/ threads and bayo lug.  The new barrel is about $450 vs. $100 for threading.  Opinions?

This was my first AR-15 so the sentimental part of me wants to keep it stock, hence the Colt barrel.

Also how hard is it to change a barrel on your own?

Changing the barrel is easy.
Here is a link… scroll down a bit, its on page #1 LINK

I have my barrels precision threaded for use with suppressors by Tornado Technologies Click Here For Link and have always had good luck.

I also hear that ADCO does a great job. Click Here For Link

As long as you go with someone that REALLY knows what they are doing you shouldn’t suffer accuracy problems.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have my barrels precision threaded for use with suppressors by Tornado Technologies Click Here For Link and have always had good luck.

I also hear that ADCO does a great job. Click Here For Link

As long as you go with someone that REALLY knows what they are doing you shouldn’t suffer accuracy problems.

+1 on having someone do it that has a good reputation, I believe that ADCO doesn't charge much (if anything) to take the barrel off the upper to do the threading if your not comfortable doing it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top