BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 6:49:33 PM EDT
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc26/mattffemtp/carrier_D.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc26/mattffemtp/bolt_D.jpg

This a bolt and carrier from a kit of unknown origin. It is a regular style AR15 bolt carrier, the  stake job was the crappy inadequate type that looked like a cold chisel blade was placed across the top of the gas key and struck once. I've upgraded the stake job, and actually I bought a complete MPI bolt carrier assy to run as my primary and I'm holding this unit in reserve as a back up.

i am curious to know, however, if these "D" marks are characteristic of a particular manufacturer or contract supplier? Or maybe it just means it was made in December, or in the 4th month, or on the 4th production line. Whatever.

If you know what it means, let's hear it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Titanium Nitride finished Bolt Carrier direct from DPMS, and it has the same "D" stamped on the side as the one pictured. All my other bolt carriers come from different companys (FN & Stag and one I can't remember where the heck it came from, heheh) and they do not have the "D"  stamped on the bolt carrier. I hope that sort of narrows it down for you. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep...DPMS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:31:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Great, thanks for the feedback/info!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top