Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 8:14:54 AM EDT
Hey all,

I've got a Colt 20" govt A2 upper that I want to swap out the 20 with a carbine barrel.  My question is the colt bolt and carrier going to be OK with that?  It's one of those light ones with the bottom completely gone.  Unlike other bolts I've seen.  FWIW, I'm probably going to run an A1 rifle stock on it.  I here that may slow the bolt down a bit too.  I'm not sure.  Or maybe I have to use and H buffer.  

What says everyone?

This would be my first major fix with an AR.  I've never done a barrel before.  I still gotta get the tools and the barrel, but I'm pretty sure my heart is set on it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do it, you will be good.

Sweet.  I was debating about having you guys mount me a barrel but I think I want to do this one myself.  I've never done one.  

Thank you very much for the info!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top