Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 1:43:02 PM EDT
This is a total newb question, so please forgive.  How do you remove the trigger guard....what are the steps and what tools should I use (punches, etc.)?  I don't want to screw up anything, so I figured my best bet would be to ask you guys.  I'm going to replace with the Magpul Enhanced trigger guard, if that matters?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
first thing...
knock out the roll pin(the one closest to the pistol grip)
after thats out, just press the other retaining pin.  its spring loaded and when pressed, the trigger guard should just fall out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Rockstar.....it came off without a hitch!  The Magpul guard is installed
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I see you have the problem solved already, but I just want to ad to what  rockstar4960 said.

When removing or installing the trigger gaurd be sure to support the rollpin tabs or ears on the lower with a block of wood, so you do not accidently break one off.

ETA: When removing a trigger gaurd I just drill a hole in the block of wood, to allow the rollpin to fall out without giving up the needed support.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
didnt think about that.

thanks for the "heads up"

ive only removed a couple of trigger guards, and for the exact reason of the OP.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top