Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:23:01 PM EDT
ameetec has a deal on complete lowers and also sell complete uppers.  how would an ameetec AR compare to a bushmaster m4a3 in terms of quality & reliability?  I hear bushmaster is tier2.  Ameetec is ?  Would you only buy the complete lower and get the complete upper from someone else, like a stag arms or would you avoid ameetec competely?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several Ameetec lowers and uppers. I think the quality is top notch. Fit and finish is excellant. You can probably pay more and get just as good. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of their M4 lowers last November and socked it away thinking I would do a 6.8 build on it as it's marked "Cal. Multi".  My 6.8 project kind of lost steam so I ordered one of their chrome-moly complete uppers.

I'd never dealt with chrome-moly as all the rifles/carbines I'd owned had chrome-lined barrels.  Some will tell you you MUST have chrome-lining and others will say it doesn't matter.  I can't give you a good answer as I'm but one person with one experience but my experience has been very positive although limited.  I've only fired approximately 300 rounds through my carbine so far but all 300 have been great.  No failures to fire or extract.  I've run Wolf (poly and lacquered), Guat, Hornady steel-cased, and also a .22 conversion kit in it and I've had no problems.  Fit and finish were also on par with the 4 Bushies, an RRA, a DPMS, and a Colt that I own or have owned.  

My cost for the lower was $230 after tax and FFL fees and the upper cost $424 shipped.  For $654 I'm very, very pleased.  I just love posting pics so here's a couple.

Good luck,
Scott
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll let you know after I pick mine up on Friday .
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top