Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 3:22:29 PM EDT
2 years ago I bought a RRA lower in the hopes of building my first ar15.  Well, other things came up and that never happened.  Anyway, I decided that it had been sitting on my shelf for long enough, and I’m finally going to build my gun.  I’ve pretty much picked out all the parts I need, I think, but I’m stuck on what barrel and twist rate to get.  1:9 or 1:7

Also, will these parts work together ok, and am I missing anything really important?  By the way, I have no clue on what I’m doing.

Thanks!

RRA Forged A4 Upper Receiver Assembly
Barrel??
LMT Bolt Carrier Group
7.0" LaRue Tactical Handguard  
MagPul Gen 2 trigger guard      
Phantom - 5C2  flash hider
Magpul Ranger floor plates
Magpul CTR Stock
Milspec Receiver Extension (Buffer Tube)                
H Carbine Buffer
Carbine Action Spring
Magpul MIAD Grip – BASIC
TangoDown Vertical Grip - Black
Magpul CTR Rubber Buttpad BLACK
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
A gas tube and block will help keep it from being a One-Shooter As for barrel twist, you will probably not tell the difference unless you go real light on the bullet. Think 1:7 50 to 75 grain and 1:9 as 40 to 70 grain. So, more than likely, you will be shooting stuff in the range that either work well. Have fun.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top