Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 1:57:44 AM EDT
Here is my first build I recently finished.  Well it’s not exactly finished yet.  I have a few more things coming in the mail.  I just want to give a big thanks out to rainierarms.com  I bothered them with more than a few questions and there service is very fast to say the least.  I ordered most of my parts from them and received them within a few days of ordering, granted I wasn't that far away from them but they did get my parts out the door that day or the day after I ordered.  I highly recommend them to those of you who are looking for parts for your upcoming projects.

Here are the specs

VLTOR MUR upper
POF Billet lower
Daniel Defense LITE Rail 12.0
WOA SPR 18" Match Grade Stainless Barrel
Troy IND. Rear BIUS
PRI Flip up front sight
Vortex Flash Hider
RRA 2 stage trigger

On the way

Ergo grip
Harris Bi Pod
Leupold Mark4 4.5-14x50
LaRue LT-104

I will update the pictures when the goodies arrive in the mail!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/coverright/AR15bullets2.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/coverright/AR15Close3.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/coverright/AR15barrel3.jpg

Some new items that came in the mail today 2/27/07

Leupold Mark4 4.5-14x50 from CSGUNWORKS
LaRue LT-104

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/coverright/AR15Leupold.jpg

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#1]
looks good!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
very nice!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You did a really good job on a first-build.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the compliments!  I think it helped that I know my way around an AR a little bit.  I did my research on here and took my time so I think it turned out pretty good, but like others have said they are kinda like putting together legos.  I already have plans for more but I hope I can control the urge.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I already have plans for more but I hope I can control the urge.

It's futile to resist...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Great build
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks Great
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I like!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Look into the tango down battelgrip rather than the ergo. it has a nice lean back which is good for bench rifles and prone shooting as it's more traditional. kind of hard on the wrist with a straight angle grip.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
looks nice.

i've got an ergo on my AR and i like it. go ahead and buy a tangodown grip so if you don't like the ergo you can build another AR to go on that grip....like i'm SURE you'll need an excuse to build another one!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks awesome! That is exactly what I'm going for on my next build. A lot like the Squad Designated Marksman rifle, only better. If you still have the part numbers for the parts you used I'd love to get them from you. Have you put any rounds through it yet?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice build; clean and simple. You get a cookie.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Love it man, I hope to build something similar one day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#15]
NICE
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
Looks awesome! That is exactly what I'm going for on my next build. A lot like the Squad Designated Marksman rifle, only better. If you still have the part numbers for the parts you used I'd love to get them from you. Have you put any rounds through it yet?

I haven't had a chance to throw some lead with it yet but I am hoping I will have some time tomorrow.  I will let you know how it goes if I get a chance to get out.

I ordered all of my parts from www.rainierarms.com except for the Troy Ind. BUIS.  There weren't any parts numbers listed on rainierarms.com but I did get a few part numbers from the actually manufacturers websites, again the part numbers listed are not from rainierarms.com.  These parts are pretty specific so if you have a favorite website that you shop from I would believe they would be pretty easy to find if they carry them.  If you have any other questions let me know and I will see if I can answer them.  Here is the list again of the parts I used.

VLTOR MUR upper – model MUR-1A
POF/Patriot Ordinance Factory Billet lower - model P-415
Daniel Defense LITE Rail 12.0
White Oak Armament SPR 18" Match Grade Stainless Barrel
Troy IND. Rear BIUS
Precision Reflex Inc Flip up front sight .750” – code: 05_0025
Smith Enterprises - Vortex Flash Hider
Rock River Arms - NM 2 stage trigger –model #AR0120NMX  
Stag A2 stock
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Thats a great looking build. Job well done
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, I only hope my first 'un looks half that good. I'm so new here I squeak so I still got lots to learn. Looks like I'm in the right place tho. Just gotta figure out where to start. I'll try not to ask too many dumbass questions.
I had no idear these EBRs had such a huge following. Or so many places making parts fer 'em. I'm a bit overwhelmed to say the least.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#19]
VERY NICE!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:44:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Very nice .

Now go shoot it !

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#21]
nice build!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Did you have Rainier build up your lower? What "guts" did you use? I've never really looked at them before, but now that I have they have a nice website and are pretty quick on responding to emails. I think I may have to give them some business, even if they aren't the cheapest around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Oops. I see you used a RRA stage 2. Disregard that part.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Quoted:
Did you have Rainier build up your lower?... I think I may have to give them some business, even if they aren't the cheapest around.

I just bought the parts and put it together myself. It really isn't that hard.  Where are you looking for your parts.  I actually found them to be fairly competitive.  I think there were a couple of things that were just tad bit more but nothing that would have swayed me to another seller.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you have Rainier build up your lower?... I think I may have to give them some business, even if they aren't the cheapest around.

I just bought the parts and put it together myself. It really isn't that hard.  Where are you looking for your parts.  I actually found them to be fairly competitive.  I think there were a couple of things that were just tad bit more but nothing that would have swayed me to another seller.

They ane not way out of wack or anything, but you can always find single items cheaper here and there if you look around. I think its probably worth paying a couple dollars extra to get everything in one place, in one box, shipped together. I've already sent a couple emails back and forth with those guys and they are really helpful and get back pretty quick. Like I said I'll definatly be sending some business their way. Have you put any rounds down range yet?  What brand are you firing, and is it 5.56 or .223 or both? Sorry, I'm an info junkie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]
that is awesome
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like you did nice work. Now go shoot it.

Nick
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#28]
height=8
Quoted:
Have you put any rounds down range yet?  What brand are you firing, and is it 5.56 or .223 or both? Sorry, I'm an info junkie.he.  You can read a little more about what happened to me here NFOST  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top