Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 5:11:50 PM EDT
Im getting a kit from model1, im getting the EM4 kit with a flat top, carry handle and NM front sights. My question is, if I put a scope on the flat top, will the front sigt obscure the view?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Very little.The lower power the more you will see it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No.  Anything from 3x on up you can't see the front sight post.  Strange, but true.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are focusing on the reticle it isn't a problem.  However if you try and focus on it  you can see it.  If it bothers you,  you could always just hack it off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#4]
4x you will see a faint blur and the lower you go the more you see but with higher powered scopes there is close to nothing visible through the scope.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I plan on using a 9x scope so it should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
yep you'll be fine with the magnification of the scope your looking in a different focal plane than the front sight
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top