Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:52 PM EDT
I'm working on my first build and am looking for a good utilitarian two stage trigger, nothing fancy but not nessecarily the cheapest either. I'm not building a precision rifle but I am really attached to the two stage trigger. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I'm processing an order for a Stag stripped lower tomorrow and am anxious to get started.

guerilla
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
A Geisselle 2 stage.  If you dont want the light weight match setup and the service rifle setup is to heavy they make a DMR which is about a 3.5 pound trigger and is awesome!!  You will not regret it.  A Jewel would be a good second choice if you dont want to spend the money on a Geisselle.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
He said for the money... Geisselle isn't cheap. I'd say best bang for the buck comes from Olympic Arms. Personally though, I think I'd spend more on a better trigger than that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Well....low bucks, I'd go for the RRA National Match two stage. Check the equipment exchange for best prices.

One other option is to get the reduced power spring kit from Brownells (made by JP - or you can order it at their web site) for $9.95 plus shipping. Won't give you quite as good as a RRA, but way better than stock. I have a 3 gun setup with this little spring kit and it shoots everything I can throw into it. No problems with light primer strikes whatsoever.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have experience with the KAC two stage?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

they are up there! in quality and price.

best bang for the buck? rra toughened up by adcofirearms

i like the chip mccormick triggers myself but they are a rare species these days
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]
eklikwhoa

What do you mean by "toughened up"? I've had some negative feedback about the longevity of the RRA trigger.

guerilla
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a RR tuned by WOA that I like better than my Jewell. The Jewell has a mushier 2nd stage break. I don't know what the Geiselle feels like. KAC triggers feel nice but are expensive.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
the toughened up two stage is from adcofirearms.com

the woa tuned rra is nice as well and i had one and it was absolutely great.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
IMO the White Oak Armament tuned Rock River NM two-stage is the best there is and if you figure in the low cost it is quite a bargain.  I have tried several and can honestly say that it is as good as any I have tried and half the cost of several.  I have 6 of them installed on personal guns and have never had a problem with any of them.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
+1

the RRA is pretty good, and when WOA gives them some attention they come out pretty nice.  

i've also been very happy with the chip mccormick drop in i have.  the flat two stage is my favorite.  i think it's around $140 bucks.  i've seen them cheaper, but rarely...

i have owned and used the jard units before.  my experience with the 2 lbs jard single stage was poor and the two stage was mushy.

i have had pretty fair success with polishing the stock hammer and sear on a ceramic knife sharpening system and them using the JP enterprises spring kit for $10.  as long as you pay close attention to hold your pieces flat while polishing, this course of action gives great results.

hth.

-septic tank
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The fact that you are even asking about a KAC trigger leads me to believe that you are not exactly looking for the cheapest trigger!!  Get the Geisselle, it is available and rivals if not betters the KAC and Milazzo triggers.  With a new Jewell at ~$180 and the Geisselle at ~$279 that is the ball park you are looking at for a high quality adjustable trigger.  The KAC is basically made of unobtanium just like the Milazzo so if you find one you are going to pay big $$$.

Good luck with your decision!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I have two Jewel triggers and one RRA/ tunned WOA and to be honest, If I knew how good the WOA was before I got the Jewels I wouldn't have got them.  The WOA is a great trigger at a great price. $115 the last I knew
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the input. I've settled on the White Oak tuned Rock River. Again, thanks to you all.

guerilla
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top