Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:12 AM EDT
OK so I have it built.
It works like a champ but now I need to sight it in.
I have read all the stuff about Battlefield sighting at 300 but heres the question.
It is an 8/3 sight
When I bottom out the elevation it is two cllicks below 300
I will be using a 50 yard range for this

Where do I start to sight in from?
Absolute bottom
one click up from absolute bottom
two clicks up from absolute bottom which is 300

And where do I hit the target?
Where my aim point is
1.25" lower than my aim point

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys and Gals

DrP

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is link where you can print off your own targets for zeroing.   There are instructions on the bottom of them.

ohmr.ohio.gov/docs/forms.htm

Good luck and welcome to the board.

CSP
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here is link where you can print off your own targets for zeroing.   There are instructions on the bottom of them.

ohmr.ohio.gov/docs/forms.htm

Good luck and welcome to the board.

CSP

Cool just what I was looking for.

Imagine that, search does work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Doing a bit more of my own searching I came across these links. I think they'll help out too.

Zero and M16A2 Rifle

Battlesight Zeroing the M16A2/A3/A4

Yeah, I know this is for the M16 but it's close enough.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
At two clicks below 300, you have your rear sight set for the Improved Battlesight Zero (IBZ). All you need to do from there is adjust the front sight for elevation and the rear for windage in order to hit the point of aim at 50 yards. This produces a flatter trajectory with point-blank at 50 and 200 yards. When the range is known to be 300 or greater, set the rear elevation accordingly. Sighting in is done with the small aperture.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
What exactly is battlesight zeroing, what is its purpose? I sighted my AR in at 25 yrds then 50 and 100. The elevation is at 400 now should it be at the 8/3 mark? AARRRGH! This is sooo confuseing!! Maybe I need to start over.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top