Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
Ok guys I'm new to the board but I've been lurking in the dark.  I figured this was the place to seek guru advice.  I have purchased two stripped Bushmaster lowers.  WOO HOO.....HOO...

So where to now.  I've been looking at a Rock River CAR 4 kit.  Should I buy a kit?  Should I buy pieces?  Whose kit or pieces should I buy?  I've looked at quite a few but I'm leaning towards the RRA kit.  And then if all goes well I'm looking at a Form 1 homemade can.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#1]
whoever fits your needs.

there is a great deal of discussion about who to buy from so just look through the pages of them.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Good places to pick up RRA stuff are Eaglefirearms and ADCO.  

RRA uppers are nice.  The factory assembled ones also have a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Rock River is a good brand and you won't be dissapointed if you go that way.  I'm the process of currently building my first AR (waiting on the lower to ship), but I just pieced it together.  It does have a RRA midlength upper waiting for it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've gotten very good results with J&T kits.

You can probably save a couple bucks by buying a complete kit, but it's not a whole lot more to get a complete upper from one place and the lower parts from another.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA is good stuff - no doubt.

i've recently become a Superior Arms fan.  check with RB Precision on the EE about setting you up with a kit or custom kit.  they'll put together a RRA or Superior or parts or whatever and do it right.  check them out.

RB Precision - Customer Gallery

nice people and very helpful.

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the RB Precision link.  They had a few things I've not seen before.  There's so many options out there that I think I'm just going to order the CAR A4orgery kit from RRA.  And then maybe try another kit for my varminter.  I figure I can always grow into what ever I build as I learn more.  But if anyone has any suggestions about either of those two specific rifles please share.  I know we have some gurus here.  And these builds are my first for the AR.  I've already completed an FAL.  So assembly should'nt be to bad.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top