Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 3:43:45 PM EDT
This one. I want to know how to install the rifle length tube on a Car, then get the gas block back under it?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with that model, but perhaps it uses its own separate barrel nut, then the tube itself threads onto the nut. If so, then you install the barrel nut that comes with it, install the gas block, then slip the tube on and thread it onto the barrel nut.

If the nut and tube are one piece, then you would be screwed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one and it would not stay tight. I used a strap wrench etc. I dont know if it was just this one or a design flaw.The Dealer I bought my YHM from said he has seen this brand a couple of times and is not impressed. Not scientific but my expierence. I replaced mine with a Yankee Hill (YHM) and have not had a problem since. It was mounted on a Colt upper with a SS 20" bull barrel. We put a gas block designed to go under a rail, I believe POF mfg. with the 2 set screws.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You would have to have a two piece hand guard. You could drill two holes after the hand guard was tight to tighten the gas block.
Use the holes to bolt on a rail.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
So this one I linked to is 1 piece design? That's kinda what I was wundering.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know you ventured outside of AKs....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes,  there one piece.
Are you trying to do a dissy?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes,  there one piece.
Are you trying to do a dissy?

Kinda, but without any front site. I actually just found the "tuber" handguard from DPMS, it looks pretty cool. I may just buy that, it gos allllllllllllll the way to the end of the barrel, then has a M203 HG on it also, no sites.
ETA pic:
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I actually started out on the AR15 side, then one day I thought "lets see how to build an AK" (I'd allways been curios about all those receiver flats and parts kits in SGN)
I think I have about 6 ARs right now, probably enough parts for 2 or 3 more, I've got about 3X as many AKs though, but they're cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually started out on the AR15 side, then one day I thought "lets see how to build an AK" (I'd allways been curios about all those receiver flats and parts kits in SGN)
I think I have about 6 ARs right now, probably enough parts for 2 or 3 more, I've got about 3X as many AKs though, but they're cheaper.

I was lurking around on the AK side....There really cheaper ?

Edit to add Mongo001 had a "tuber" upper awhile ago and never seen a sold sign on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are simple FF forends and aren't meant to have a low profile gas block underneath them.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top