Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 8:35:43 AM EDT
Can someone give me the details on installing a gas block?  I have a Crane unit and I'm not quite sure how to install it so the gas holes align properly.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say that your only choice will be to measure how far forward the gas port inside the gas block is from the rear, then measure how far the barrel's gas port is forward of the shoulder. That should tell you how much of a gap (if any) you need between the barrel's shoulder and the rear of the gas block.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i marked the spot with an X  or i guess it was more like + to give me a exact mounting  point
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I measure the distance from the center of the gas port to the back of the gas block(measured from inside the gas block). Then I measure straight back from the center of the gas port on the barrel and make a little mark.

Then I slide the gas block on the barrel, and stop once the back of the block lines up with my mark.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
as far as front to back placement, you shouldn't have to worry about messing it up.  It should go back on and butt right back up against your handguard cap.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top