Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:00:51 PM EDT
I have the 14.5 barrel with the preban y brake perm attached.  I can see discollerations spots at the 12 and 6 position to indicate the welds.  I have dremeled it down some and not located the pins yet.  How deep are they?

After removal, what is the best way to perm attach the phantom 5c2 comp on?  I know a smith to do it, but I would rather do it myself.  The guy doesnt have his own equip yet to remove it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a tacked thread at the very top of the BUILD-IT-YOURSELF Forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Scroll down to very near the bottom, and there's a post all about removing the Mini Y Comp muzzle brake from a Bushmaster 14.5" upper, as well what to do to make sure you don't break the law (since it becomes an NFA item as soon as you remove the Mini Y Comp).  Please read it before doing any work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There's a tacked thread at the very top of the BUILD-IT-YOURSELF Forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Scroll down to very near the bottom, and there's a post all about removing the Mini Y Comp muzzle brake from a Bushmaster 14.5" upper, as well what to do to make sure you don't break the law (since it becomes an NFA item as soon as you remove the Mini Y Comp).  Please read it before doing any work.

That is what I needed, thanks.

My lower is in my friends safe during this operation.  I know, you  cant make a sbr.  If I get the mini Y off tomorrow, it will be in the shop for the perm reattachment.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top