Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 12:24:10 PM EDT
I just bought a RRA lower for a custom .22 upper I recently purchased.  This is probably a dumb question, but, how in the heck to I remove the main pin (up near the mag well) to mount the upper to it.  My pin in my Colt comes out with a flat screw driver.  This one in my RRA seems like I would need to forcefully knock it out with a punch.  What is the trick or tool I need?  Let me know. Thank you in advance.

Chad.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The forward pivot pin pushes out (left to right) with your fingers or a small push from a blunt object to get it started.  It's retained in the receiver by a spring loaded detent hidden inside a drilled passage along the right side of the mag well.

The rear takedown pin removes the same way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. Thanks for the quick reply.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I got it...Thank you very much.  I didn't want to start pounding on things before I knew it was OK.  Thanks again.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
OK.  Good luck with your new rifle.  Suggest you get a copy of the government TM (Technical Manual) for the M16.  It's nearly identical to a semi-auto AR.  You can download it from the net.  Try biggerhammer.net.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top