Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 5:11:33 AM EDT
www.m-aparts.com
Looking to get another upper.  See these guys advertised in SGN but never heard of them before.  Great prices on complete uppers.  Any comments on quality?

Thanks
Pete
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
i KNOW THE MIDLENTHS THEY HAVE COME FROM RRA
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Might want to try J&T or Del-Ton in the industry section of this site.

They offer good quality parts at decent prices and offer chrome-lining on just about everything, unlike M&A.

I'm not really happy with the quality of the upper I got from M&A and I don't know if I'll buy off them again.

Just my opinion.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, just had to chime in on this one. If you mean MA Parts out of Lake Zurich, Ill (www.mapartsinc.com)?

I have made several purchases from them and the quality and delivery had been great. If you're lucky enough to be in the area, try catching them at the local shows. They always bring along gobs of inventory so you can select the upper you want. Their prices are just a tad more if you really shop around but you get back the extra in quality.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Might want to try J&T or Del-Ton in the industry section of this site.

They offer good quality parts at decent prices and offer chrome-lining on just about everything, unlike M&A.

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

->Unlike M&A's what?

->I think the prices are dead-bang on and a bargain.

->Chrome lining? We offer some barrels in flash chroming (CAR) just like evryone else does for $50. We also offer M4 14.5" Hard Chrome Colt barrels and 24" Emco (hand selected and spec'd)for the real players.

I'm not really happy with the quality of the upper I got from M&A and I don't know if I'll buy off them again.

->I'm not real sure how that one statement could follow the other.

->Why not call, talk to us about what is wrong with that upper?

Just my opinion.

WIZZO

->Give us a buzz, Wizzo.

Veronica at M and A Parts

News from our brothers in New Orleans: www.mapartsinc.com/theRant.asp
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#6]
You only offer chrome-lining on a few barrels, not everything.

It's too late to return my upper. I got it a year and 9 months ago and have put quite a few rounds through it. The problem was (and I say was because I fixed it with a dremel) that I had an M4-ramped receiver, but the upper was assembled with a rifle barrel extension leaving a hell of a lip. The wierd thing was that it ran for about 1,800rds before giving any problems. After that, it wouldn't shoot more than one round at a time becuase it was shoving every other bullet tip under the barrel extension lip.

After I got home from the range, I whipped out my dremel, and made my own ramps. End of story.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's see, you got it almost 2 years ago and ran 2K rounds through it before it malfunctioned!  And that is M&A's fault?  I don’t get it!  

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]
They (or whoever assembles the uppers for them) put non-matching parts together causing a seriously malfunctioning rifle. True, it did take a decent amount of rounds down the pipe before it went into the shitter, but I didn't like the idea of a $700 single-shot rifle.

BTW, 2 cases of ammo is not much, IMO. Just barely breaking an AR in.

WIZZO

EDIT: And it was just over a year old when it went haywire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm very, very pleased with the RRA midlength I bought last year from M&A. Their initial shipping was very fast but they sent the wrong upper and then there was a monthlong comedy of errors between them and UPS getting me the right one but when it finally came, I couldn't like it more. M&A is one of very few places that sells midlengths and they actually beat RRA's own price on them. If you're looking for a middie, definitely consider M&A. And make sure they know EXACTLY what upper you want!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top