Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:58:01 PM EDT
I have started gathering parts to build an m4gery, and I think that I want a 16" bushmaster m4 profile barrel.  I like the Idea of chrome lining the barrel and chamber for durability and ease of cleaning, but I have heard that as a rule, chrome lined barrels are less accurate than non chromed barrels, but I have also heard that bushmaster has some special process of lining their barrels to make them just as accurate as a non lined barrell.  So, long story short, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can order a bushy barrel for less than straight from bushmaster,  I am also interested in other brands of lined barrels if they are accurate.  I should probably also say that when I say accurate, I want this gun to be able to hold MOA out to 200 yards or so, as I will use this rifle to hunt coyotes from time to time.  Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask any Marine if their M16 is not accurate out to 500 yards.  Enough said, oh and BM does make an excellent barrel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a M4 profile 16" bushy barrel and a 20" barrel from their website a while back to replace the post ban barrels on my RRA M4 and Bushmaster 20" A2.   Got them in a little less than a week.  Thats pretty quick shipping.  And they both seem pretty accurate, to me.  The best deal is to order the package with everything forward the reciever (handguards, gas tube, FH, washer, etc.).    
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, long story short, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can order a bushy barrel for less than straight from bushmaster

Try www.csgunworks.com/ I got a better deal on a Bushy LW BBL from Mike instead of direct from BM.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone reccomend a different brand?  or am I just being stingy trying to find a barrel under $200?  I have also started looking at the "reece"(sp?) rifles, and it looks like they just have a 16" heavy barrel  that looks kind of cool, is it just a 16" heavy or is it a special barrel that someone makes?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can anyone reccomend a different brand?  or am I just being stingy trying to find a barrel under $200?  I have also started looking at the "reece"(sp?) rifles, and it looks like they just have a 16" heavy barrel  that looks kind of cool, is it just a 16" heavy or is it a special barrel that someone makes?

A good chrome lined barrel is gonna be around $200, even if it doesn't say Bushmaster on it.  Chrome lined RRA M4s are $205 from Adco, for example.  

You can save $50 by foregoing the chrome, but that's a mortal sin, turn-in-your-man-card kinda deal to some folks around here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#6]
eagle firearms

the equipment exchange has a lot of dealers selling barrels
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The barrel is one of if not the most important part of the rifle. Bying a new one for around $200 is probably your best bet. Some used chrome lined barrels will have some life left but there is no tellin how accurate they will remain. IMHO you should just buy a new chome lined barrel and go have some fun at the range. Bushmaster makes very good quality barrels as well as Rock River Arms makes a really good one also. Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Go with PK Firearms.  I just bought a Bushmaster Barrel from them last week for a little less than Bushmaster Direct, and had it in my hands within 3 days.  They must know that we watch for the UPS truck.  They were great to deal with in every way, price, shipping, customer service, and selection.  I highly recommend them if you want a Bushmaster barrel.  And by the way, this is my second Bushy barrel and I could not be happier.  I have a 1/7 and just got a 1/9 and they are accurate and well made.  Remember, opinions are like elbows, most people have more than one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out   ftfindustries.com  they got alot of Bushy parts @ really good price
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know what the dimentions of this barrel and ff tube are?  I really like the proportions on this gun, and I think this is what I want to build.

http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/DENNYS%20RECON%20LEFT%20CAMO.jpg

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top