Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:12:42 PM EDT
just got a reprofiled/cut down barrel back from a friend who did the work on it.  it is freshly reparked and looks awesome.   only problem is, i can't get the FSB to line back up.  i understand that the finish has added some thickness to the surface, but if i line up one of the holes and get the pin started, the other has a very definite "ledge" that i can't get the pin started over.  
is this just a matter of "beat the living hell out of the pins and they will fit just fine?"
or should i take a different route?
i can take it to my gunsmith-buddy on Monday but i'm kind of antsy to get it built up for the weekend.
any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I must be missing this without the visual....  

Can you start with the other pin in first?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
tried that too....whichever hole you "start" with, the other doesn't line up properly.  
and just to clarify, it is the same FSB off the same barrel and the same 2 taper pins.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would start them both, and tap a little on each one.  I'm not sure what to tell you without seeing it firsthand.  Something sounds a little odd.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Something sounds a little odd.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top