Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:49:35 PM EDT
When I purchased my AR-15A2 from Bushmaster, it was equipped with the standard buttstock.  As I hope to convert my rifle to look more like the M-4 carbine variant, I purchased a telescoping (collapsible) buttstock.  The telescoping buttstock is threaded, so I assumed that the standard buttstock is also threaded to the upper receiver.  Before I attempt to "unscrew" the standard buttstock, I need to confirm the procedure I must follow to swap buttstocks.  

My e-mail address is [email protected].

Mike Donawick
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i am priety sure that it just unscrews and screw the new one on. but check out the buld shit at the top of the posts. thats how i built my ar.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Seperate the upper and lower.

Remove buffer and spring.

Remove screw from rear of butstock.

Remove stock. (take it off slowly so you don't lose the rear takedown pin detent and spring)

Remove spacer.

Unscrew buffer tube. (Watch the buffer retainer and spring)

Screw the castle nut all the way onto the threads of the carbine stock, and make sure the receiver plate is on there and facing the right way.

Screw in the carbine buffer tube until it is almost to the post on the buffer retainer and is in the correct position.

Put the plate against the rear of the receiver making sure the detent spring goes in straight.

Screw the castle nut up against the plate and tighten with a stock wrench.

Put the CARBINE SPRING AND BUFFER in. DO NOT use the rifle spring and buffer from the A2 stock.

Put the upper and lower back together.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
www.rbprecision.com/rb_precision_ar15_performance_tips_.htm

down about halfway has a really good R & R with pics.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top