Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2005 12:31:57 PM EDT
I've been looking for a while, and am still looking for somebody who is capable of manufacturing an AR-15 bolt on a small, custom order basis. I need to get it for a special project I am working on. Price is not a problem.

If anybody can suggest a place, please let me know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
are these standard AR bolts?
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
These would be standard bolts, but made out of a custom alloy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't find anyone, send me an e-mail.  I could do some CAD work and have my machinist CNC machine your bolts.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
These would be standard bolts, but made out of a custom alloy.

would you provide the blanks? I do know of a shop that makes bolts, but they are flat out right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll provide the blanks. No problem. This is a custom alloy anyway...
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You could contact Olympic Arms, as they are one of the companies that makes their own bolts.  Depending on the material, there could be concern for their machines, but it may be worth a call.  They make theirs from stock, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You could contact Olympic Arms, as they are one of the companies that makes their own bolts.  Depending on the material, there could be concern for their machines, but it may be worth a call.  They make theirs from stock, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I already spoke with Olympics Arms as well as every other major AR seller, plus places like CMT, LMT, YHM, etc.  Unfortunately none of them are interested in doing any small scale custom work.

I need to find an actual machine shop source who would be interested in a project like this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Still looking. BTT.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Try        jvprecision.net

I know they make them. I would be interested in a few if the price was right.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Stag Arms/CMT Manufacturer bolts for alot of vendors, I heard colts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Try advanced ordnance in Daytona Beach.

They are already tooled up for bolts.  They might be able to accomodate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#13]
J.P. Enreprises out of MN may be worth a shot.  he makes all his own high speed low drag parts.  may be willing to do one off stuff.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top