Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 5:32:46 PM EDT
I see all these sales of uppers and they say no ffl required, I also see stripped lowers no ffl required.  Im confused.    Can someone please set me straight on all this.  I guess im just used to buying firearms through dealers over the years.  If im understanding everything correctly I can order uppers and lowers through the mail and have them delivered to my home?  Buy a lower kit and have it delivered, put it together and not have to register it?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Far as I know stripped lowers are considered a firearm like bare pistol frames or some receivers so FFL required
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at Model 1 sales and there selling full kits with what looks like stripped lowers and it says no ffl required.  Here is the link to the page  www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KV2000&storeid=1&image=V20k.gif

Thats why I asked.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Those kits specifically say "minus stripped lower reciever"

The reciever is what has the serial number and it's what the ATF considers important...it requires an FFL, stripped or not.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Read the top right below the name
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I see.  I thought that mean't you got the full kit with the receiver only it was stripped and you had to buy the lower kit.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top