Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 9:44:31 AM EDT
I need to know if anyone knows how to remove the muzzle brake from a Hesse barrel? Okay before everyone says just throw it away and get a new barrel, let me tell you that I bought it  before I knew about the Hesse bad rep, sorry just a noob. (beside I got it for only $40) Here is what I know it is a 16" heavy barrel. Vulcan arms said that they have 1/2 28 threads and pin all thier brakes but I don't see any signs of a pin. They said they don't know where the pin is, I have remooved the finish around the brake and there is no sign of a pin. Anyone have any idea? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#1]
do you or can you get a mill ?  usuly the pins are at 6 oclock  start milling at 6  from the back of the break tward the front and the barrel  will jump when it hits the harden pin  mill a little more off from around the pin   then put in a barrel vice  and unscrew  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If I'm milling a barrel, or anything for that matter, it would seem that I would have it tightly secured in some type of vise, so how is the barrel going to jump?  A good carbide bit should go right through anything without anything jumping.  Just a question, as I'm somewhat of a newb machinist, but everything I put in the mill gets clamped down pretty tight or gets flung across the room.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top