Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 1:01:18 PM EDT
I am putting a new bushmaster competition match grade tigger into my Bushmaster m4 type AR-15. I am in the military, and have an m4. I know with the military m4, to remove the saftey switch, all you have to do is punch it out. However, my Bushmaster ar-15 is being a pain in the neck with taking it out. There seems to be no give when you try punching the saftey switch out. So, maybe there is alittle difference between the AR-15 to the military m4. am i doing the right thing? maybe not using enough force to punch it out? or is there a thing bushmaster puts into the lower reciever that you have to take out first in order to punch it out?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You can not push and wiggle an ar15 selector out like you can a m16 selector. The groove in the selector is deeper and shaped different. You have to take the grip off and let the detent and spring down to get one out of a 15.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Take the grip off!  No punching them out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can not push and wiggle an ar15 selector out like you can a m16 selector. The groove in the selector is deeper and shaped different. You have to take the grip off and let the detent and spring down to get one out of a 15.

Wow... this is the first I heard of this.  Can someone post pics of the M16 selector and elaborate more.  Why does the AR15 diifer from the M16 is this area ?  I realize the M16 has the third position ("fun switch"), but does the third position on the M16 selector really require the detent design to be different ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]

does the third position on the M16 selector really require the detent design to be different

No.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#5]
That don't sound right.  Remove grip, remove detent and slide the selector out - this should be the same for AR and M16.   If you can "punch them out", what's going to stop them from "getting punched out" in the rigors of combat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Turn the safety to half way between safe and fire then tap it out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top