Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:33:05 PM EDT
Bought a Model 1 M4A2 kit and the rear sight assembly is loose.  How do I tighten it up?  I believe it is affecting my groups dramatically.  Also, I had to adjust it WAY right to get it on target.  Group size is approximately 1.5 inches at 25 meters when it should be 3 shots touching.  Other than that, very happy with the rifle.  My first build, so any and all advice welcome!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Does your sight twist, or flop around?  The twist and some looseness is normal, it should be spring loaded to one side so it is always at rest at the same spot.

The excess windage is a poor barrel installation.  Send it back to be properly indexed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does your sight twist, or flop around?  The twist and some looseness is normal, it should be spring loaded to one side so it is always at rest at the same spot.

The excess windage is a poor barrel installation.  Send it back to be properly indexed.

It moves forward/backward and side to side.  For the time being, I have the 8/3 one notch down and that locks the sight in place.  Haven't shot it yet to determine whether that fixed the problem.  Doesn't help with windage, though.  Any idea how to tighten up the rear sight?  Any parts I need to get?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the elevation spring is weak???

Or...too much of  channel faces on the carry handle has been milled off.

Or...the sight it not in spec...

Does the sight have smooth sides or do they look cast?

MT
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like the elevation spring is weak???

Or...too much of  channel faces on the carry handle has been milled off.

Or...the sight it not in spec...

Does the sight have smooth sides or do they look cast?

MT

Maybe the first, hopefully not the second, maybe the third, not sure on the sides.  I'll have to take a look when I get home.  Unfortunately, won't be able to get back to arfcom for a couple weeks.  I'm going elk hunting in about 15 minutes, so I'll be out of town.  I'll check back with answers then.  Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]

I'm going elk hunting in about 15 minutes, so I'll be out of town. I'll check back with answers then.

You ruined my day by including the above quote in your reply<green with envy!

MT
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top