Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 3:58:32 PM EDT
Ok first off I took the roll pin out of the fsb..... coukdnt get the damn gas tube out.... I said ok and removed the FSB, which came off very very easily I chuckled to myself thinking about all the post I have read on here having trouble removing FSB and how easy this one came off, then I put the action into the Brownells action block clamped in vice and tried to unscrew the barrel nut.... damn thing wont budge..... I pinched the hell out of hand already (dont ask how) should I put this F$%ker in the oven and heat it up?  I already started pre heating the oven to 200 if I should heat it up how hot?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you try using a cheater bar over your barrel wrench?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
umm no I will thanks duh
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes you really have to put your shoulder in there to get the barrel nut to break loose.  Righty tighty lefty loosey!  Just make sure you keep good pressure on your armorers wrench, into the barrle nut so it doesnt slip, or it will hurt!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top