Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 5:37:59 PM EDT
I want to replace my FSB on my Armalite m15a2 post-ban with a no-ban version.  I noticed my current FSB has allen screw in it and the one Armalite offers (no-ban) use pins. Why? Is this something I can do at home or should I send it out? I already plan on having ADCO replace the muzzel device with a A2 hider. What do you thing I should Do? If I can do this at home how do I do it and where can a good FSB other than Armalite?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Have ADCO replace your FSB.  The only way you should attempt this yourself is if you are replacing it with another set-screw type.  The taper pinned FSB's need to be installed on a jig, drilling the barrel and FSB together, with a special bit..... and should only be installed by a competent gunsmith.  Too much trouble and cost just to add a bayo lug.... IMHO.  Spend too much money, and you could just buy a new barrel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find the screw type that is currently on the Armalite but in no-ban. Where can I find an Armalite 20" HBAR barrel (no-ban) or who makes it for them? THANKS!  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#3]
You could tap the holes and add set screws from your old fsb  on a fsb that has a bayo lug on it.  there is an instructional website out on the web.   I did a google search and found it.  Heck I'll look it up and post it.  You are lucky that your barrel has flats.   My take off barrel that I threw on a LAR blemished upper had taper pin.   I put as much windage as I could and still couldn't get a zero.  I am lucky to have a 100 yard tunnel to test ammo in here in Wichita.
http://www.gswagner.com/arsight/arsightmods2.html
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top