Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 5:16:46 PM EDT
I see theres (i think) 2 different triggers on thier site.

1.  3rra Rock River Arms tuned trigger 110.00
2. ITEM #NMTRIG        $115.00
National Match Trigger

anyone have a trigger by White Oak Armament? im really thinking about getting one for my varmint rig im building,just trying to figure out what would be best for the money. I dont wanna spend the extra on a jewel or chip mccormick etc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
White Oak's RRA tuned trigger is very very nice.  You can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 4.  I bought two RR NM two-stage triggers from Brownells, they sucked so badly it was pathetic.  Six plus pounds of pull on both of them.  I sent those two to White Oak to have them do trigger jobs on them.  They came back 3.5 pounds and were marvelous, darling, marvelous.  I ordered two more, this time from WOA and pre-tuned, they were equally excellent.

The first trigger ($110) I think is single stage, the second, the NM trigger ($115) is two-stage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
thx alot guys...that settles it. WOA trigger goin in my new rig!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
i have one of these in my varmit rig and love it . the difference between this and the regular rra 2stage is very noticeable
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have 4.  I bought two RR NM two-stage triggers from Brownells, they sucked so badly it was pathetic.  Six plus pounds of pull on both of them.  I sent those two to White Oak to have them do trigger jobs on them.  They came back 3.5 pounds and were marvelous, darling, marvelous.  I ordered two more, this time from WOA and pre-tuned, they were equally excellent.

The first trigger ($110) I think is single stage, the second, the NM trigger ($115) is two-stage.

I just put a stock RRA NM in this weekend. HEAVY Trigger pull also.  What did WOA charge for the trigger jobs?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#6]
$35 I believe.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine (2) were $30 each for a 3.5 pound trigger job, plus $5 return shipping, for a total of $65.00.  Total turn around was about two weeks, maybe a day or two less.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I contacted Jeff over there.  I'm good to go.  Trigger is going out tomorrow / Wednesday....Can't wait.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
John actually did a 3.5# trigger for you? He usually sets them at 4.5# since that is the limit for CMP competition.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
John actually did a 3.5# trigger for you? He usually sets them at 4.5# since that is the limit for CMP competition.

CMP limit is 4.5 total...

So you can have 3.5 1st stage and 1lb 2nd, or vice versa...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mine is set well over 4.5# -- I can pick up a 4.5# weight at a leg match and then rock it like a pendulum without dropping the hammer.  Doesn't much matter -- John makes the triggers so crisp that they feel like they're breaking under 4.5#...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mine is set well over 4.5# -- I can pick up a 4.5# weight at a leg match and then rock it like a pendulum without dropping the hammer.  Doesn't much matter -- John makes the triggers so crisp that they feel like they're breaking under 4.5#...

No doubt. I've never had a trigger surprise me as much as this one does. I hit that second stage and all I have to do is think about it and the trigger breaks.

The funny thing is, if you look at the parts, he doesn't do any work on the sear. It's all on the disconnector side.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top