Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:04:46 PM EDT
ok, I'm the new guy.  Debating to purchase complete or build my own ?  Suggestions on what lower to purchase ? Better to buy complete lower or build it up myself ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I used an Eagle Arms lower, and had absolutely no problems.  Built it using an RRA upper, RRA lower part kit, and RRA A2 stock.  Basically, my entire AR is RRA except for the lower.  

I have heard a lot of people say good things about the J&T kits www. jtdistributing.com.  I was going to go with a J&T, but got such a good deal on the RRA upper on ebay that I couldn't pass it up!  

If you are a "do it yourself" person who gets a lot of enjoyment out of having something you built yourself, then building is a great option.  I know a lot more about the function of the AR as a result of building, and was able to get it together without a problem in one evening using instructions printed from this site.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You will really enjoy building your own.

A lot of folks seem to be going for the MEGA lowers over in the EE. For $89 shipped I can't blame them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top