Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:06:07 AM EDT
I have a LMt upper and I am about to install a vortex Flash hider. The flash hider currently on my LMT should be simply threaded on and i need to turn it clounter clockwise, right? I have been trying to removie it but it is stuborn as hell. Am i supposed to twist the devil out of it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Twist like hell. Use a screwdriver through the slots if you have to.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Put the barrel in vise blocks tightly and turn the FS counter clockwise.  If you use a reciever block you'll cant the barrel within the reciever a little (don't ask how I know ) Then torque the new one using a new crush washer to 15-20ft lbs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
gotm4, I have removed about a half dozen so far by holding onto the FSB really tight and twisting like hell with a screwdriver.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont got a vise nor does the Vortex need a crush washer. I'll try the screw driver method....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Twist like hell. Use a screwdriver through the slots if you have to.

It worked. It slowly creaked loose just enough  to use a pair of pliers effectively to screw it off. thnx guys. I'm that much closer to finishing my AR.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
How is the fit & finnish on that LMT. I am waiting for my lower on its way to my FFL. Then I plan to order the LMT M4 16" upper
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How is the fit & finnish on that LMT. I am waiting for my lower on its way to my FFL. Then I plan to order the LMT M4 16" upper

My LMT fits nice and snug on my Bushy lower. Finish is great. My Bushmaster is a bit of a flatter finish but its ok to me. You can't go wrong with the  LMt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
My LMT had machine marks and no T markings, but it works great.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top