Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 3:32:59 PM EDT
I am about to start building a new AR15.  I plan to buy the stripped lower within the next few weeks.  I want a forged lower and a name brand.  That narrows it to Bushmaster, Eagle Arms or RRA.  I have eliminated RRA from my list.  A buddy of mine bought one and said that part of the lower was not to spec and he had a hell of a time getting the upper on there.  I know Bushy is very good, but pricey.  Eagle Arms is about $25 - 30 cheaper.  Is there any difference between the two?  I plan to put a Bushy upper on it either way.  Will this cause problems if I use an EA lower?  I'd like to save the money and go with the EA, but not if it is going to lead to headaches later.  Also, will a Bushy lower parts kit go in an EA lower without any additional problems?  Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I know there are a lot of RRA fans on the list.  I am not degrading RRA.  As a personal choice, I do not plan to use them.  Please don't turn this into a debate over that.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Either lower should suit you fine, parts kits are interchangeable.....  if $$$ is an issue, go with Eagle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
First,  welcome frogger!

2 E.A. builds under my belt here with zero problems.

No Bushy lower builds, yet.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Shameless bump to the top.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm going to recommend the Bushmaster lower... the Eagle Arms lowers were quite good and a good value back in the day, I've purchased 'a bunch' of them  ... but the last Eagle lowers I purchased had some major issues.  To ArmaLite's credit, they did replace the lowers, too bad they didn't bother doing a QC check on the replacements... I ended up trading the replacement lowers at a loss for some Q3131a... YMMV...

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Another shameless bump to the top.  Sorry, but the gun show is Sunday and I have to make a decision.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Between the two... Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out RRA. Yes they are tight, but that is a good thing.

You might also want to consider MEGA lowers, listed here on the equipment exchange. I know you're probably thinking "MEGA? what kind of cheap stuff is that!? never heard of it!" That's what I thought when I first read the thread when it was on page 4, but now I have 2 of 'em and couldn't be happier. IMO their fit and finish is top notch, distinctly better than RRA and Bushmaster.
EDIT: Or just take a look at this post, which I just happened to see directly below yours in this very forum.

But between what you've predetermined as your only options... Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Built RRA, Bushy, and Eagle.  My favorite was the RRA.  Looking for another right now.  My eagle was a little on the loose side.

Between your 2, Bushy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top