Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 3:58:37 PM EDT
hi, i have a new barrel that i installed on my upper, but i noticed that the vents on the sides of the flash hider are not lined up correctly. what can i do to resolve this? someone reccomended a peel washer, but the pics i have seen of one looks identical to the washer that is on there already. am i doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A peel washer is pretty much your only easy choice.  Many manufacturers flash hiders don't line up properly, it would be nice, but, usually the ones using the heavy lock washer are hit and miss.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was actually wondering the same thing.  My FH is comingin tommorrow with a peel washer.  So i just put the washer on, thread the FH on and line it up and stop?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
does anyone have any pics of it? or a step by step guide? it was my understanding that the washer can actually be peeled away to change the thickness of the washer but the picture that i saw of one on the net looked to be the same type of washer that i have on mine and i cant see how it would peel off in layers. also i dont think that the flash hider could be tightened much more to line up properly.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top