Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 5:17:32 PM EDT
I'm still trying to decide flat top or carry handle on the next rifle but I know i want an ACOG.

There really is no way to have backups with a flat top mounted acog is there?

I know i've seen one that comes with them on the tube itself but I don't think that would be really what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The pics from Iraq show A3 carry handles mounted on the bottom rail of front handguards.
Maybe you could mount one there, for safe-keeping.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure what you mean.  There are plenty of buis that are designed to fit under an ACOG on a flat top receiver.

KAC
ARMS
Troy
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
You can put just about every folding BUIS available behind a flat-top mounted ACOG.  You just have to remove the ACOG to flip up the rear sight, which is not a problem because most ACOG mount are quick detacheable.  I've got a 3x24 compact ACOG, which sits lower and has less eye relief than a full size ACOG, and there is plenty of room for a rear sight. HTH.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There are plenty of buis that are designed to fit under an ACOG on a flat top receiver.

Any flattop mounts designed to mount an ACOG and still be able to use the iron sights w/o removing the scope?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
No numbnuts you cant use irons though a magnifed scope... what have you been smoking?  How did you imagine this working?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
i have an acog ta31 mounted with arms 19s and a regular 40 sitting behind it actually under the rear eypeice. fits perfect and eye relief is perfect too.

if you are asking if you can use the back ups through the acog then nevermind what i just posted and take it easy on the smokey smoke
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually forgot about this thread..

I was hoping I could find a mount that would lift it high enough to see under but since i can't

Quoted:
You can put just about every folding BUIS available behind a flat-top mounted ACOG.  You just have to remove the ACOG to flip up the rear sight, which is not a problem because most ACOG mount are quick detacheable.  I've got a 3x24 compact ACOG, which sits lower and has less eye relief than a full size ACOG, and there is plenty of room for a rear sight. HTH.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=25876

That's pretty much what a good backup idea was looking like for me

Although I'm leaning alot more towards putting it on a carry handle now
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
heres mine(crappy pic) TA01NSN with YHM BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No numbnuts you cant use irons though a magnifed scope... what have you been smoking?  How did you imagine this working? hr

He didn't ask about co-witnessing through a magnified scope. He wants a setup similar to a carry handle mounted ACOG, except without the carry handle. He was looking for a riser with a slot through it to maintain traditional BUIS functionality, but it does not seem to exist.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:48:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
sorry about the late reply lumpy, just became a team member which helps me keep track of my posts. So far so good, I must say that it is not camparable to the Predator system but it is great for those that dont want to/cant remove the delta ring and FSP and I do like the feel of the panel covers. It is a little bulky(heavier than necissary??) and installation isnt as easy as you'd expect, the gas tube creates an interferance problem.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No numbnuts you cant use irons though a magnifed scope... what have you been smoking?  How did you imagine this working?

He didn't ask about co-witnessing through a magnified scope. He wants a setup similar to a carry handle mounted ACOG, except without the carry handle. He was looking for a riser with a slot through it to maintain traditional BUIS functionality, but it does not seem to exist.

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks Vinh. At the time I first posted this I didn't have a detach carry handle, just the flattop A4, and figured it might be cheaper to get some ACOG mount to that would attach to the rail but raised up enough to make the iron site peephole in the base useable. After getting quite a few people here to think I meant cowitnessing, I gave up and bought the carry handle. Now if I can just find the mount I want I can reduce rifle weight by 3 oz....

And DevL, I've been smoking Acid Kuba Kuba cigars recently. They're frickin awesome.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:59:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]
welp, I decided to just get the NSN so I wouldn't have to worry about it.. according to UPS it'll be here tomorrow.. and my upper is supposed to ship tomorrow
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top