Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 5:25:21 PM EDT
I bought a low power spring kit and have not installed it yet. It is a lighter trigger, hammer and disco. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these springs as far as function goes etc.

Thinking it might be a cheap fix to a 10# trigger you get with normal springs.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering that I can lower the tension weight on factory springs (full strength) lighter than the set weight on the reduced set you bought, You don't really want to know what I think of paying more money for the reduced set of springs.

Coils springs can be clipped to lower the tension weight, and legged springs can be bent to lower the tension weight.

Also,  you never feel the tension of the disconnector spring in regards to trigger pull weight; a stronger spring will insure that the hammer is not bounced from the disconnector at bolt closer/carrier jarring on the barrel extension.

P.S. I will be in town until the end of next week.  Your more than welcome to come by and have me perform some magic on the FCG to remove the creep and lower the pull weight. Just leave the reduced set at home; I don't need to use them at all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Dano,

The one you adjusted on my last build is great, and I wanted this new one to be like that but wasn't sure how you did it.

The spring kit was only like $5 because I got it at cost a few months back.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top