Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 5:01:34 AM EDT
I am about to start my first biuld and was wondering if Double Star recievers were any good, and if it was a good choice for first time build. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard good things. I believe this is JTDistributing's brand name.  Ypo might check the industry forum.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]

I've seen lots of their kits--both my builds and others--and the last one I  built about 3 months ago was first class--and as good as anybody's factory parts. I intend to buy another of their kits soon--just haven't decided which one.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy talked to a guy at Indy that sold all sorts of receivers and he said that DoubleStar was the only one that he never had any trouble putting parts kits in.  Then again, I am sure that because of the new name, he hasn't went through as many doublestars as he has other names.  He bought it for a display so he wanted the least expensive one there.

We have one as a display model with a RRA 2-stage and an ACE stock.  It seems to be off good quality.  Uppers pin on it fine.  I doubt that you would have any problems with it.

How much do you pay for a DoubleStar?

*edit*  I can't believe that I forgot this part.  My buddy says that underneath the pistol grip it is stamped CMT.  That would be Continental Machine Tool, which do RRA and BM.  So, what's in a name, moonbeam?[;)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Doublestar is J&T Dist. Quality is on par with any manufacturer of parts. I use J&T parts almost exclusively in my builds and they work great.
Dealing with customer svc. is excellent also.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I payed $130.00 out the door. It was go ahead and get it or wait untill a gunshow comes. AR recievers ar hard to come buy around here. Thats why I probably payed too much. Did I?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I payed $130.00 out the door. It was go ahead and get it or wait untill a gunshow comes. AR recievers ar hard to come buy around here. Thats why I probably payed too much. Did I?
View Quote

No receivers from the suppliers run around $100, then add $10 shipping and then $20 FFL transfer fee and you are at the same price.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top