Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 2:55:17 PM EDT
i hope y'all can help.  x-mas is approaching very fast and i'm askin santa for a stripped lower, but i don't know which one.  i'm trying to stay in the 80-140 range.  i had decided on RRA.  that whole "tight fit, might require some filing" has me a little nervous.  another concern i have is: one day i might have enuff $ for a RLL and i don't want to have to machine out a shelf.  is bushy the only RLL friendly lower? i've learned a little off quarterbore, but not enuff, they don't mention RRA or mega (and what's the diff between mega & stinger?)

i'm guessing hess/vulcan is not a first pick, right?  what about armscorp? dpms? rra? oly?

this is startin to make my brain ache.

thanx
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
MEGA and Stinger are from the same maker, just marked different. I have both and they are great. I also built 2 Eagle Arms lowers and both of them were good also. My next 2 will be RRA just because I don't own any of their lowers. I expect no problems from them at all. I used 1 Armalite lower parts kit, 2 RRA kits and 1 Gunshow kit. The Gunshow kit sucked. The rest were A OK. Armalite went together the easiest by a tad. RRA makes good stuff.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a RRA stripped lower, a RRA lower parts kit, and RRA Car stock.  All went together great, no problems except with the selector detent, but if you follow the directions on this site, and check the holes for burrs, you wont have any problems. (The selector detent hole was the ONE I didn't check)  I HIGHLY reccommed Steve at ADCO, good prices and service.  I have been very happy with them.  I also reccommend Eagle Firearms.  I bought some SA80 30rd mags from them, good mags and quick service.  In fact I was at one of my local gun shows yesterday, and they had the same SA80 mags from anywhere from $5 to $10 more apiece!  Also Eagle is running a sale on their stripped RRA lowers, $80!  Thats an awesome price!  As much as I've been promoting em here, I ought to buy stock!

Anyway good luck, and have fun!

Hershey
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a RRA stripped lower receiver from Chris at Eagle Firearms, mailed the paperwork to him last Tuesday, picked up the receiver from my local dealer today (Monday), exceptional service!

I assembled the RRA lower and mated it to the kit I ordered from M&A Parts, everything fit perfectly!  I received exceptional service from both vendors I ordered from, Eagle Firearms and M&A Parts.

[url]http://www.eaglefirearms.net/[/url]

[url]http://www.m-aparts.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW! great price on the rra! does anybody know if the rra (or the mega) will accept a (registered) lightning link w/o shaving the shelf?

is it coated/finished inside the holes for the hammer & trigger pins?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top