Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 11:03:10 AM EDT
Anybody out there built one of these with the lower and/or machining mods to the carrier and upper?

www.ak47.com

Comparing the machining depicted on the web sight with KAC verbal descriptions of their changes is completely different. KAC made new uppers/lowers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tom:

It's an interesting concept, but I think it would be difficult for the average guy to make it happen the way KAC went about it. There is a "special" lower receiver being made by a cottage industry that utilizes standard AR uppers and 7.62x39 barrels and bolt carriers and enables the builder to use AK magazines. Looks like a fun project; can't say that I've done it myself, although there *may* be someone here who has tried it.

FITTER
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought an ar47 lower about a month ago, and I love it. I don't have an upper for it yet. I built the lower with bushmaster parts and it went together great except for the saftey detent. The standard ar15 detent is too small and that made the saftey not fully engage on safe and fire. Hope that makes sense. Saftey would move around.

I made my own out of a 6011 welding rod. I didn't harden it so I hope it holds up. Works great now though.

I've got some 20 and 30 rd mags for it already, but haven't had the funds to spend on an upper(wife's watching me like a hawk). I can't wait to get it finished. It looks to me to be very well machined and fits very snug with my m4 upper.

I'm planning on doing the mods to the bolt carrier and upper my self. Maybe I'll only have to buy one:)

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:17:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anybody out there built one of these with the lower and/or machining mods to the carrier and upper?

www.ak47.com

Comparing the machining depicted on the web sight with KAC verbal descriptions of their changes is completely different. KAC made new uppers/lowers.
View Quote

TTom,

I asked the question a while back and got a great deal of responses.  The guy in Vegas loves his.  Here's the link [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=164089&w=searchPop[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=166680&w=searchPop[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top