Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:51:34 PM EDT
I don't want to spend and arm and a leg, but I would like to camo paint my AR. I would like suggestions on paint and styles others have used as well as pics. I have seen some pretty good profesional paint jobs, but I know there has to be some do-it-yourself experts out there as well. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If you do a search on Yahoo using Krylon and camoflage rifle, you given a lot of sites where people have camo'd their rifles with Krylon Camo paint available at walmart with good success.  I haven't tried it yet but planning on it soon.  Search this site too their are good examples of ar15's already done, good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I used H.S.Cammo removeable cammo paint on mine. It does a good job of covering, is fairly durable, and can be remove should I want to go back to black. When a spot wears thin I just shoot a touch up shot and all is well. I think it comes in a kit called Bowflage or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I used H.S.Cammo removeable cammo paint on mine. It does a good job of covering, is fairly durable, and can be remove should I want to go back to black. When a spot wears thin I just shoot a touch up shot and all is well. I think it comes in a kit called Bowflage or something like that.
View Quote

yep, "Bowflage"

It can be removed with brake cleaner.

Do a search for "Tan AR" in the AR discussions, there have been a couple threads along these lines that have a lot of info on camo.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top