Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2003 8:03:32 AM EDT
Ok...I've been spending too much time and money on these 2 rifles lol...but here's some pics of the progress I've made.  
M4gery:

I got the Holosight and ARMS #40 the other day, and the Fobus M44 handguards.  The light is a cheesy Streamlight, but it'll have to do for another month or 2.  

Model 1 Kit, aka as the FCWSOB (Fenian's Complete Weapons System on a Budget):

I just istalled the VLTOR stock yesterday, I really like it.  Those are the Liberator 2 handguards from Fulton Armory.  I've got an ARMS #38 due in any day, and eventually the ProPoint3 CMP will be replaced by an Aimpoint.  I've also got a set of #22 High Rings coming, so I will eventually be able to go from red dot to scope in a few seconds.  

I still need a vertical grip for the M4, and the Aimoint...but I'm sorta out of $$.  The rest of the stuff will have to wait 'til I start work on the 22nd.  

edit: got a better camera, here's some pics I took today.  The M44 rubber rails are on the FA handguards, which were getting banged up in my overcrowded safe.  I ordered a dozen rail protectors from Oly for $32...enough to cover the whole thing.  Great price, about 1/3 of what everyone else charges.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
[b] Looking good . Let us know how they shoot

Safe ShOoTiNg
Jerry[):)]

[/b]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Both of 'em shoot great so far...when I had the M4, I put 25 rounds in a 3" circle semi-rapid fire (about 1 round a second) with the Kobra sight.  Haven't tried that with the Holosight, but I'm sure it'll do okay.  The model 1 shot about 10 straight 1" groups the first time out after barrel break in, using my standard 55gr. Ballistic Tip load.  I'm not so sure that load is optimized for the 16" barrel; both my bolt .223 and my 20" seem to do a little better with that round than the 16" ones.

The model 1 is a tad heavier than I wanted; they were out of the lightweight barrels, so I just changed my order to a standard barrel. It was supposed to be a lightweight CAR, so of course, that gives me an excuse to build a lightweight one down the road hehehe.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Who makes the upper in the top picture?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who makes the upper in the top picture?
View Quote

It's a Rock River M4gery...I put the Fobus M44 handguards on it, and in that pic, I have the rail covers on.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top