Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 5:29:08 PM EDT
Can any of the more experienced builders on this board tell me if a 22-250 AR can be built and if so what parts would i need to compile for such a build. Looking to build a varmint type rifle,leaning twards an NRA match rifle w/cocking lever atached to the bolt. Any good advice would be most welcome, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No 22-250 mentioned in this thread, but a dozen others;[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=154649]Tromix AR calibers[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guesssing the OAL of the case is too much

maybe in a  AR10  ???
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
One guy in our club built a match rifle using a slightly modifed 225 winchester reamer (tight neck).

Uses 30 Remington brass cut to 223 Remington length, necked down to push 80 grain bullets really fast.

The big advantage with this is the ability to use a 7.62 x 39 bolt with the max powder capacity practical in the standard AR.

Cool idea, one I want to try out if I can buy a 225 winchester reamer cheap.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
See GA Precision on the INDUSTRY links.  22-250 is same case head size as 308 Win and should be a straight forwars conversion and already been done by the talented guys at GA.

I don't thing 22-250 is possible in an AR15 as the case diamter is too big, and length of action stroke and mag length would also prevent it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top