Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 8:39:44 AM EDT
Hi guys!!  I'm planning on purchasing 4-5 lower recievers to assemble into rifles.  Partially to be ready if the ban doesn't go our way and gets worse.  Now, I did a search and couldn't find the info that pertains to me.  I have been looking at lowers from DPMS, and RRA.  I plan on buying the lowers stripped and assembling them my self as I'm pretty mechanically inclined.  I'm sure I'l get alot of opinionated responses from people, but please state why you prefer the manufacturer you chose.  Out of the two I mentioned, which would you choose(unless there is another comparible lower in the same price range)?? Also, what is the going rate for the stripped lowers(if they are available)say if I buy 5 at a time.  Thanks for any info....

John
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't go wrong with either one but I prefer purchasing DPMS lowers from [url=www.cmmginc.com]CMMG[/url].  Their prices are excellent, $104.50 per lower, they always have them in stock, ship fast (very fast) and Jeff and John are great guys to deal with.  If you don't see what you want on their website email them because more than likely they have it.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with these Stinger lowers if I were you.  Everything I've heard about them is positive and you can't beat $89 delivered.

[url=http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544]$89 lowers[/url]

edited to activate link
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget this type of lower.  Not cheap though.
[img]http://www.ar47.com/images/mag_cu.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
My first, second, third and fourth builds have been with Stingers.  They are outstanding quality.  I have had absolutely no problems from the beginning with them.  The finish is ultra-black.  I have put a micrometer on them and compared them to blueprints.  They are dead on spec.  I have never had to run drill bits into holes to insure there were no filings left over.  They are clean and ready to go immediately.  The turn-around time on your order is also immediate.  Since they are made by the same people who make the Olympic Arms, why would you not go with them?  No-brainer to me.

dwj
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for the Mega/Stinger (same company) lowers. The ones I've seen were ULTRA-BLACK and had that nice atomic logo on the side.
Quality is top-notch, and Carrico was a really nice guy on the phone.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The only AR I have has an eagle arms lower.  I got it for $100.  Nice finish and not a prob putting it together.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh yes, I forgot about the Mega (Stinger Arms) lowers.  I have two of them and they are perfect, absolutely perfect.  I haven't built them up yet because I'm saving them for something special.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can you get the Stinger lowers?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544[/url]  
that is the topic about teh stinger/mega lowers.  Im ordering 1 in 2 weeks, but i might get 2.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Mega, the black finish is really dark.  I got it directly from Carrico, in fact I went to his house to pick it up.  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:32:59 AM EDT
[#11]
My only experience has been with a Rock River Arms stripped lower from SableCo [url]www.sableco.net[/url]...$95 shipped.  It went together great with a J&T kit.

Between Carricoz's Mega/Stinger lowers for $89, SableCo's RRA lowers for $95, and Quantico's Eagle lowers for $100 I think you're good to go.

Go with whoever has them in stock [:)]

--Otter
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I have built 2 Stinger lowers and have 3 Megas Waiting for RRA parts kits and NM triggers.  Both lowers went together without any problems, beautiful finish.  Carrico will get them to you quick!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought 3 MEGA lowers and one upper from Clint and the one I put together last sunday turned out perfect. When I pinned it up to my Oly A2 20" upper it fit better than the factory lower...no rattle at all! The finish is awesome and the Atomic logo is cool. This is my first build and it went off without a hitch. I whole heartedly endorse MEGAs from Clint!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I built an J&T bbl kit using an Oly lower. No problems, finish match from lower to upper is excellant.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all your help guys!!!!  I think with their reputation going for them right now, I think I might go for a few RRA lowers.  For the $95 shipped I don't think I'll be beating their quality and [blue]reputation[/blue].  I'll probably pick up 3 RRA lowers, and maybe I'll try one stinger, one DPMS....and then go on from there.  This sure is a addiction!!!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top