Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 2:41:17 PM EDT
After putting a kit together several months ago, I haven't been able to stop thinking about putting an AR together from the parts I want.  I'm talking about ordering an upper and putting the barrel on it myself.  Then assembling everything else with parts from various manufacturers.

I know I can do this, the problem is I don't know many of the finer details.  I've look through a couple of the military manuals, which do have a lot of info in them.  They can be a real pain to use though.

So, are there any books or manuals available for someone like myself that wants to put everything together?  
Scott
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The Marine Corp. Training Manual is all you need. For tools you'll need an action block with the receiver insert, a barrel wrench or multi-tool, and a torque wrench. And some headspace guages for when your done. Except for the barrel procedure, the rest assembles similair to the lower.
The biggest problem is that it's so much fun, you keep wanting to build another, and another....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top