Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 10:40:55 PM EDT
Ok so I can't use the search so I will just post my question.

I want to get a 80% 1911 frame. I love to work on almost anything such as cars, guns, computers, wood, just about anything I can. Its a great feeling of accomplishment to finish a project. Because of the new Cali law that just came into play I will not be buying anymore guns for the time being but I can make one with no papers involved which really gets my heart going. So, I don't have a mill or any other pro tools like that. I think I read you can cut the rails using a hand rail cutter and a whole lot of time. How long are we talking about here and where can I get one of these rail cutters? How hard is it cut correctly? Can I goof up with one or is it a mindless back and forth motion a child can do. At the time money is worth more then my time so I'm trying to take the cheap road here. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
File will work.  Takes about 60 hours.  Don't ask how I know.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top