Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 11:53:12 PM EDT
Just passing along some information to you home builders that I got from the FAC Guns-n-Stuff flyer in the mail today. They advertised original Colt mfg. stripped M16 uppers for $49.95 each, with shell deflector and forward assist. Very good condition with new powder coat finish.

Contact info here:

www.gunsnstuff.net/

BTW, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just thought it looked like a good deal for a project upper, and I posted this in case someone could use the info.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, just looked at their online catalog and saw what you are talking about.  Stripped A2 upper (with brass deflector and forward assist molded).  Part# is [b]RE1010[/b].

I'm tempted at the $50 price, but I haven't shopped stripped uppers so I don't know how good a price this is.  Anybody?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The online picture is better than the one in the flyer. I edited my post to show that the uppers do have forward assist.

The last stripped M16 upper I bought was $100. It was a brand new slabside... no shell deflector or forward assist.

These Colt "take-off" uppers should be labeled M16A1 uppers. They may have some wear but they're refinished. Looks like a good deal to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
so how come I can't find it?[>:/]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Click on the "wholesale flyer" button, and install the djvue plug-in if you don't already have it installed. The upper is on page 12.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
AHHH, I kept bailing out when they asked for a plug in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I may just have to get one then.  I just sent them a copy of my C&R today so I can get on their mailing list.

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]
SOLD OUT!!

From an email from them:

"Dear Sir,
 I'm sorry but item #RE1010 is sold out and no longer available from our supplier.
I have added your name to our mailing list. Thanks FAC "
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought 2 of these when they first advertised them. They are just as stated and a good deal. I hope some of you got in on it before they sold out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]DAMN![/b]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
where'd the damn flier go????? I get a 404 message..... [>:/]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Everything any good is usually sold out when I place an order.

OSA
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 4:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Downloaded and installed the plug in and in both Netscape and IE could not bring up the flier. Why can't they use something more universal like PDF? Anyway, A1 uppers give up a lot in the rear sight area vs. A2's.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top