Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 1:31:00 PM EDT
I can't decide between the varmint kit from M&A or the bull barrel kit from JT. I like the fact that the M&A kits use Wilson barrels, JT's use Shaw. I also like the picatinny gas block on the M&A, JT uses the round type like DPMS. Also M&A uses a 2pc free floated hanguard, I really don't know if I would like this or not. I would probably go ahead and go with M&A, but everyone on this board talks so highly of JT. I rarely ever hear anything good or bad about M&A. Are they as good as a JT kit? I have a stripped Olympic Arms lower just begging for a home. Can someone please help me decide.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were you, I'd go with J&T. Love the guys. I never had, or no of anyone personally that had good luck or near as good service with M&A My J&T H-BAr really impressed me, and that shaw barrel (of E.R. SHAW custom barrels fame) Shoots consistantly shoots around 1/4 moa.
My buddy has lots of ordering trouble, when he finally got it it had a cast front sight base, a plastic triggergaurd and it looked like somebody put the gas tube pin in with a crowbar. Do what you want friend, I just wanted to let you know what I know. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I asked the same question here:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=145553&w=searchPop[/url]

Hopefully this might help you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
J&T all the way. I have owned the 16" Bull Barrel kit for about a month, and I get great groups. They have great customer service. Go with them. you wont be disappointed.
Austin
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
CALL them, or post in the JT forum. They'll build your upper the way you want it!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Just from looking at J&T's catalog, they know what they're doing. I'm looking at buying items from them for my preban Bushy project.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
My middle son and I built his rifle using J&T's 16" CAR kit w/ 'tactical' muzzle brake.  We shot it last weekend, and even the sights were right on!!  We shot around 300 rounds thru it last Saturday without a single jam or misfeed of any kind.  It even likes Wolf ammo!!!!!

Good stuff.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Howdy all.  I dearly wish I'd discovered this forum 6 weeks ago - I would've made a different choice for my kit.  I got the 20" HBAR A2 kit from M&A.  I put it together (with my preban SP1 Carbine lower) the day before Christmas.  I ordered it 2 weeks prior, and got it promptly in 5 days.  S&H was great.  However, I'm not real pleased with the finish.  It's a helluva lot rougher than my Colt - on the other hand, it IS supposed to be from a "gov't contractor", and mil spec.  Through a glitch in either ordering or shipping, the offset pivot pin was not shipped, so I never even got to shoot the new toy before I had to leave last Sat. to go back outta state for work :-{  They DID ship the pin promptly after I contacted them.  I have been going back and forth with them for several weeks about various questions.  They strike me as VERY reluctant to answer any of my questions in any detail.  It took numerous e mails and a threat to return it to get an answer to whether it had a 556 or 223 chamber.  They still either won't/can't tell me who the contractor of the upper is.  I have also asked numerous times about the warranty, as I can't find it on the web site.  To date, they still haven't answered that question.  Now that I'm not home, I can't even try the damn thing out to see if it's a piece of junk - or a fantastic rifle!!  I'm VERY unhappy with customer service.  Unless something DRASTIC happens to change my present opinion of them, I most definitely will NEVER buy from them again.  I would like to send it back for a refund if at all possible and try again with another brand.  I suppose you live and learn.  Later,
Mike.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wanted to add:

J&T sent my kit out fast received only three days after ordering, 2nd day delivery my request. Teresa was great to talk to when I ordered and quite knowledgeable.  They sent me extra indent spring and indent in case I launched one.

This is my second J&T purchase one at a show and one from the shop. No complaints.  I'd tell you about the service but since they use only top notch stuff and take care in what they do, I haven't had to call them which speaks volumes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top