Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 2:48:00 AM EDT
For my M4gery Colt project I'm building from the ground up, I'm curious to hear what people think is one of the better gas tubes on the market.
I do not want an adjustible one like Fulton sells.
Are there any brands that stand out? It'll be going under a SIR-m, and have a PRI front flipper. Colt A3 & Colt barrel.
Thanks,
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a tube anywhere, they're all the same part. The only people having tube trouble are those with M-16 that dump mag after mag in a continous cycle, and have money to blow on toasted barrels.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Just make sure it's the correct length for your handguard length/barrel. (I agree w/ SBR, why pay more for the super, special, full-auto, double thick, extra heavy, double chrome lined, titanium coated, double helixed, 4 times the price gas-tube that's probably no better or worse maybe identical to a stock one).

KISS, work for me.
Mike
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just make sure it's the correct length for your handguard length/barrel. (I agree w/ SBR, why pay more for the super, special, full-auto, double thick, extra heavy, double chrome lined, titanium coated, double helixed, 4 times the price gas-tube that's probably no better or worse maybe identical to a stock one).

KISS, work for me.
Mike
View Quote

You forgot tactical! [;)]
I'm just getting back into this, so I didn't know if there was something out there worth looking into.
Thanks,
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine swears by the standard Fulton Armory tubes. He really likes the clean bends they have in theirs.

Personally, I haven't seen much difference, but I'll still lean to Fulton or BM unless I need one of the mid-length beasties.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top