Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2002 9:50:41 AM EDT
I am considering buying the FIRSH hand guard for my CAR.  My intent is to install a scout scope.  I will also be wacking off the front sight post and installing a flip up front post and rear ghost ring.  

I just want to make sure that this product will do what I need it to.  Can scope rings be installed on the top of this thing and will it be stable enough for a scope?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am considering buying the FIRSH hand guard for my CAR.  My intent is to install a scout scope.  I will also be wacking off the front sight post and installing a flip up front post and rear ghost ring.  

I just want to make sure that this product will do what I need it to.  Can scope rings be installed on the top of this thing and will it be stable enough for a scope?
View Quote

FIRSH has a picatinney rail, so if you can mount it on a pic rail, it will mount fine and dandy on your FIRSH.  We sell them and use them.  They work great!

See the following URL on how to install a FIRSH:

[url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/how_to_install_FIRSH.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, now I feel like an idiot.  What is a "picatinney rail"?  By looking at the pictures, it appears that the entire rail is a weaver style scope mounting base.  Is that what picatinney means?  If that is the case, it will do exactly what I need.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Picatinney is a specification on how the rail is designed.  It is the standard in the military.

RRA had some out of spec ones a while back, but other than that, most everyone makes themto standard.

Do a search and you will find the specification or go to [url]www.biggerhammer.net[/url] and look aruond there.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top