Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 7:54:18 PM EDT
Does someone sell a basic tool kit for assembling a lower?  All the punches, roll pin holders, pivot pin installation tool, etc?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Snap-On, Matco, MAC, Sears. Mine are from the tool truck. Pin punches from both Snap-On and Matco (I keep 2 sets), rest is in tool box at work- hammer, screwdriver, hex wrench set.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
This has been the best set that I have found for assemblying lowers. I picked one up at a gunshow.

CDNNI would suggest that you order some other things with it because CDNN has a shipping charge of $10 no matter how much you order.

Given what I paid for my set of Snap-On punches, the other set is a great deal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
That takes care of the punches, what about some of the other tools the old ar15.com site says you'll need for assembling a lower, like roll pin holders and a pivot pin installation tool?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as the roll pins are concerned if you compress them before you try to install them the punches will easily install the roll pins. I usually use a pair of vice-grips or channel locks to compress the roll pins.

I just use a feeler gauge to hold the pivot pin detent in place while installing the pivot pin. Just use a some sort of back stop just incase you let the detent slip out, it will stop it from shooting across the room.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top