Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 1:50:29 AM EDT
Comparing these two, the tape switch end is the same.

But... the screw-on head for the back of the flaslight is different.  The DS gives you another push-button on-off switch.

Given the price difference between the two, what is the benefit of the DS over the UE?

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I run my light on the right hand side of the rifle so the button on the end cap are useless for me, I just bought a UE-SR07 and absolutely love it. mounted on the 12 o clock position.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Just another activation method should the tape switch fail or if you are using the ST0X tape switch and need constant on. I like the DS tailcap, but it doesn't work with a lot of the lower profile aftermarket scout mounts.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The DS allows for an alternative activation method when the tape switch fails (wire breaks, wire gets disconnected, internal contacts are corroded, etc).

With the UE, you're SOL until the tape switch is reconnected or replaced.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top