Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2012 1:54:03 PM EDT
For storage...are you guys keeping them (batteries) in or out...instructions say NO...but I wanted to see what other users are doing.  Battery stays in work PEQ 15, so should be this to go right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Vic - it does...thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had so many electronic gizmos get damaged from leaky batteries over the past year, that I keep them out for that reason alone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There are two kinds of batteries, those that have leaked and those that WILL leak!
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are two kinds of batteries, those that have leaked and those that WILL leak!

+1

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While the documented battery drain for the LDI Class 1 DBAL units was an early release issue and now fixed...

Please define "fixed."

Rate of drain has been reduce?

Rate of drain zero?

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While the documented battery drain for the LDI Class 1 DBAL units was an early release issue and now fixed... I keep batteries out of all high end electronic devices including NV when not in use for prolonged usage especially in hot weather. Batts can and have leaked along with bursts. Hope this helps.

Vic

What would you call prolonged.. a week? a month?

I rarely take mine out of the DBAL, or NVD strictly because I use mine about every other day, and its usually when I hear something stirring among the animals outside. So trying to get that difficult cap back on and still make it out in time to save chickens or baby goats from predators is not functional.

I am conscious of taking them out when they won't be used for long periods, but I've just rarely had a period where I thought I wouldn't probably use them within 48 hours. So basically I'm at the mercy of batteries I suppose, but I try to buy higher end batteries.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I documented the battery drain issue on my DBAL-I2 after receiving it back from LDI to fix the battery drain issue that my unit had.  I posted my findings in this thread, towards the end http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_20/558927_.html
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top